• Ikit Klaw [1]

Looking at some of the new Skaven second wave miniatures, I was really taken with the Ikit Klaw figure. He's got a high tech suit (for a rat!) with warpstone powered weapons and a nasty looking power Klaw. With all the detail I figured he would be a lot of fun to paint, and possibly something interesting to do for the Golden Demon this year.

On starting on the cleanup and prep, he has a lot of flashing and some not too noticeable mold lines to clean up. Also he's really really sharp. You might want gloves to work on this one! Being a metal miniature, he will inevitably require some green stuff work to fill in gaps where he fits together. He's pretty good, but the backpacks never seem to fit on well.

One problem I did encounter was with fitting his banner pole. It should fit in behind the neck armor, but there is no hole. I carefully drilled one myself for it to plug into, then the slot on the backpack fits nicely up against the bottom of the pole. Not sure why the hole was missing? Molding problems possibly?

I'm holding Ikit together with rubber bands while the glue dries, then I'll be able to green stuff any seams and start painting him.

No comments:

Post a Comment