• Deathmaster Snikch [2]

I finished the multiple highlights on Snikch's skin, gradually mixing in more Bleached Bone till I was satisfied with the look of the skin. The tail took a while to do, gradually adding banding along the tail. I had to give it a light wash in the recesses with Devlan Mud to add some of the darker shading back in afterwards. I gave a couple of very light washes of Baal Red to tint his nose red.

The cloak as illustrated on the GW site is a blue/black mix, but I've done that a few times now with other models so I wanted to try something different. I figured that introducing green into the model would go with the theme of poisons, and exposure to warpstone, so I used a green/black mix. I started with a basecoat of Orkhide Shade and Chaos Black, then gradually added more Orkhide Shade as I highlighted. I then mixed in some Scorpion Green, and did three or four extreme highlights along the edge of the cloak, and the raised folds I wanted to attract attention too.

The poison on the blades was started with the green/black mix, then I used Goblin Green, moving from the end of the droplet back up toward the blade. I added more Goblin Green, moving up, then switched to Scorpion Green. Eventually using pure Scorpion Green. Finally a mix of Scorpion Green and Sunshine Yellow along the very edge of the poison travelling along the blade.

The blades were painted with Boltgun Metal, then washed with Badab Black. I added Chainmail to the Blade Edges, and the highlights along the handles. Final edging was added with Mithril Silver. The hilts on the blades were painted with Calthan Brown, then Dwarven Brass. I washed them with a coat of Devlan Mud, before applying Shining Gold highlights.

His jewellery was painted in the same way as the blade hilts.

I've started on the bandages, with an Adeptus Battlegray basecoat.

So far I have spent 10 hours on Snikch.

No comments:

Post a Comment