• Sanguinary Guard [1]

Finally getting a model I always wanted to do painted - the Sanguinary Guard. They're a really cool model with the death-masks, custom jump packs, and angelic wings. I'm also trying out the Vallejo metallic paints - in particular Red Gold and Old Gold. So far I've found these paints to be great - really good coverage, and makes the GW metals look embarrassing by comparison. They do still need a good shake up periodically to ensure the metallic mixes with the medium properly.

The wings were painted with Skull White, then washed with Asurmen Blue, and the individual feathers picked out with Skull White again. The biggest problem so far has been how the wings attach to the backpack. It's pretty flimsy, and they don't attach on very well. I've had them come off a few times already. I may have to try pinning them to the model if they won't stay put.

No comments:

Post a Comment