• Strike Squad [1]

Realizing I don't have enough basic troops in my Grey Knights, here's another Strike Squad. I used a different painting scheme with these models, and it's the first one I've used the airbrush exclusively for doing the armor.

I sprayed in the darker metallic, then zenithal highlighting of a brighter silver. Shading was added afterwards using washes and a brush, and just added exclusively in seams, vents, etc, rather than painting the entire metallic surface. Overall it gives a much brighter silver armor.

I then painted in the detail work on the armor with standard techniques using brushes. The swords were masked up and airbrushed using a non-metallic metal tutorial I found on YouTube. They look pretty good for my first go at it.

I just have bases left to finish now and this unit will be off to the battlefield to reinforce my chapter. Then I might have to do another unit.


No comments:

Post a Comment