• Exalted Vermin Lord [3]


I've been painting a lot of 40k lately, so when an opportunity came up to have some painting time with my hobby sidekick Sladie, I decided to work on the Vermin Lord a bit more as a palette cleanser. So I did a lot more work on finishing all the flesh on the model. He was far too pink initially and I wanted to get the skin looking a bit more pallid.

I used lots of mixes of flesh, painting on the darker base flesh, then adding in mixes of the next lighter flesh, working up the flesh layers, until I used pure Kislev flesh (i think it was called - I'm still not up with all the new GW paint names). Then I added in levels of white to the flesh to get the lighter more pallid tones, and worked on streaking in the flesh on the muscles to make the musculature more pronounced and textured. It came out looking pretty great I think.

I then spent quite a bit of time putting the base coats on the various leather parts, Charadon Granite on the stone plinth (although I need to do quite a bit more detailing to the base still), and painting in the a base brown color on all the rats that are flowing up the arch.

The warpstone was done in my usual way, with Orkhide Shade on the crystals, then airbrushed with some Vallejo Olive Green to get the glow on the flesh around the warpstone. The crystals were then painted with Goblin Green, while trying to keep some of the darker shading from the Orkhide and airbrushed Olive visible around the base of the crystals. I then used Scorpion Green to edge the crystals. Finally I will use some Golden Yellow on the edges and points of the crystals (which I haven't done yet).

The last picture is looking very pink - unfortunately this was related to the lighting conditions when I took the photo. It doesn't look that pink, but you should be able to get some idea of how the crystals are looking. I think it looks great so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment