• Crusaders [1]

Here's one of my pair of Crusaders for my Inquisitor Warband. He's a pretty cool model, and I knew I wanted to get them when I first saw the model. The robes are pretty cool, with them draped Jedi-like over his helm, the huge Inquisition shield at his side.

The figures were sprayed with a grey primer coat (unfortunately my local supplier has run out of the Vallejo black primer) which is a nuisance to try to get into all the crevices on the model and hide the grey primer. I painted the red parts of the model with Vallejo Red Leather, shading up to Red. Then washed it with a red GW wash. I used a little Wazzdakka Red to highlight the folds.

The robe was painted with a mix of Black and Blue to give it a slight tint, and shading was added to the peaks of the folds using shades of grey.

The armor was painted with Ironbreaker, washed with Badab Black and shaded with Leadbelcher metallics. The golds were painted in Tin Bitz, then Shining Gold, and washed with Gryphonne Sepia. I still have some edge highlighting to do.

The checks around the edge of the robe were done by painting a dark grey guide line along the edge of the robe at roughly the same distance from the edge. I then painted in light grey squares along the edge up to the guideline. I then painted in the extra check in row 2 to fill the gaps. It was time consuming, but looks great. Any mistakes were covered up with Chaos Black.

I still have the shoes, handle of the sword, purity seals, and helmet lenses to complete, along with a snow themed base.

No comments:

Post a Comment