• Commander Dante [1]

Dante's a repaint of a figure I purchased off ebay quite a while back. He'd been heavily modified and came with a bolt pistol and power fist, and just a standard backpack. I'm refitting him now with a power axe again, and a jump pack.

I'd like to get a replacement for his Infernus pistol, which I haven't found yet. I suspect I'm going to have to buy a set of Death Company or Sanguinary Guard to get the necessary part. What a shame... heh! So that's why he's missing his right hand at the moment.

I've redone a lot of the gold on his armor, adding some better shading and definition to it. The wings have all been redone in Adeptus Battlegray, and Fortress Gray, with Skull White hilights. They were originally caramel brown colors - I'm guessing someone's effort at non-metallic metals, but he just became too much gold/gold-themed. The gray/white wings look a lot better and help to break up the armor a bit.

I'm also painting a lot of the detail that wasn't finished. The wreath was improved, and the back of the head was painted. The flowing strapping from the wreath was painted in the gray/white scheme. I've picked out the various hoses, and flexible armored joints in the armor with Boltgun Metal, a wash of Badab Black for shading, then some highlights of Mithril Silver.

The base has been redone in my Martian theme - Mechrite Red, Vomit Brown highlights, and a wash of Baal Red. I added some rocks in Charadon Granite and Fortress Gray highlights to break it up a bit. I may still add some more interest to the base - possibly some skulls or some other debris. I think it contrasts nicely with the rest of the figure though.

No comments:

Post a Comment