• Mumakil [4]

I'm making some progress on painting the Mumakil now. The elephant itself is pretty much done, and I'm working on the ropes, wood, and red cloth of the howdah now.

The cloth is Mechrite Red, followed by a wash of Badab Black for shading, then an application of Red Gore, and Blood Red for highlighting. The wood is Calthan Brown, washed with Badab Black. Haven't added any highlights yet, and i'm a little undecided about what to use on that yet. The ropes are Adeptus Battlegray with Fortress Gray highlights.

The tusks and toenails were painted with Scorched Brown, then lines of Calthan Brown, followed by lines of Bleached Bone that were then filled in solid where appropriate.

The paint emblems daubed on the Mumakils face is Red Gore. I have to add some Chaos Black sigils onto there still.

It's a big project, I still have the upper howdah to start, and of course all the Haradrim soldiers that need to go on the howdah. But so far I'm really pleased with how the Mumakil has turned out, and I'm enjoying the little details. The base still needs a lot of detail work finished on it, but I think it's going to be a really cool model when its all done. I'm hoping to have it done in time for Golden Demon this year. Might be a little over optimistic though.

No comments:

Post a Comment