• Golden Demon 2009

I wasn't going to enter this year. With work lately, and freelance odds'n'ends I haven't really had the chance to paint anything for about a month. But at the last minute, Beeb persuaded me to enter some of my other figures that I'd finished a while ago. So I dug a few out, improved a couple and took them in. In the rush I didn't notice though that my Marine Sargeant was missing his backpack and the Dreadnought still had an unpainted footpad. It got worse at the store though, when my Stealth Team was invalidated for a squad entry because I was a man short. Apparently you need to have a team of 5 to be considered eligible for the squad category. Shame GW doesn't put an extra Stealth Tau in the box then. So I burned the midnight oil, finished the Dreadnought, including painting a banner with freehand artwork on it - something I've never tried, but came out so well, I'm feeling more adventurous with it now and will definitely try again - painted the missing backpack, as well as taking a gun drone from my Devilfish and repainting it to match the Stealth Team. I got all those in, as well as my Imperial Guard Heavy Weapons team. So this year I've got the following entered:

40k Vehicle - Blood Angels Dreadnought
Warhammer Monster - Goblin on Giant Squig
LOTR Single - Tom Bombadil
40k Single - Blood Angel Marine with Thunder Hammer
Open - Cadian Heavy Weapons Team
40k Large - Ork Snikrot
40k Squad - Tau Stealth Team

I only put in 3 last year, and placed 2, with 1 going through to the finals. So hopefully covering a lot more categories this year, I might get through to a final placement, which would be really cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment