• Goldem Demon Regional Results 2009

I went down to Mt Gravatt for the Regional heat of Golden Demon yesterday. Overall there was a very high standard of entries this year, although a couple were on bases that I suspect violated the rules - a little annoying when they were let through, given that I got hauled up on the strict letter of the rules in the Local heat. Anyway, three of my entries missed out, and three got through to the Grand Final at Sydney next month. My Stealth Team didn't get through the 40k Squad, but the Eldar jet bike squad were outstanding, with handpainted bird motif's on them, and the Ork Boyz squad had beautiful yellow armor, so I didn't feel to bad about missing out. My Space Marine Commander in the 40k Single missed out, but there were a lot of entries in that category (although a slot was taken up by a model with a suspect base!), and finally my Night Goblin on Cave Squig in Warhammer Fantasy Monster - not really sure what it lost out against, since I've never been that into Fantasy anyway - I think it was one of those Lizard Men Saurus with the howdah. Next year though, I'm definitely going to try to do something for every category including Fantasy. Might get a squad of Skaven, since I'm liking the looks of them. And the models that went through to the Grand Final are:

  • Blood Angels Dreadnought - 40k Vehicle

  • Tom Bombadil - Lord of the Rings Single

  • Snikrot - 40k Large


Here's hoping for a good result this year! Even a bronze would be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment