• Fire Warrior Squad 2

Started on my second Fire Warrior squad. Unfortunately didn't have the luxury of buying them new this time around, so they came preassembled, and with a hideous blue paint scheme. Stripped that back, and resprayed to new basic black. This time I've managed to lay my hands on Vomit Brown, so I can actually paint them the proper scheme from the book. So I've brushed them with Scorched Brown, then picked out the armor with Vomit Brown, followed by a wash of Gryphonne Sepia to add some shading. Edging on the armor plates is Bleached Bone. The shoulder panel was Red Gore over Scorched Brown - I figured it tied them nicely in with the scheme on my Stealth Team too. I've concocted some different markings as well. At least this team has their backpacks on the right way - my other team has them on upside down apparently. I've finished the first guy to a high standard, so next I'll start batch painting the others in the squad.

Update: Continuing with painting the Fire Warriors. Working on a few at a time, but it still takes a while to paint all the armor pieces, especially when it's a coat of Tausept Ocre, followed by Vomit Brown, with edging using Bleached Bone. But they're looking great, and so far they're well worth the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment