• Dreadknight [2]

So I've finished the commission Dreadknight. It came out pretty well. Needed to use nearly two packets of Green Stuff to make up the lava base. Tried to do some bubbling lava, and the bubbles came out quite well - not sure about the exploding bubble. Might have been too ambitious. Still did the best I could. The colors look pretty good, although for some reason the Vallejo Model Air Red looks a bit pink sometimes.

I tried carrying the glow of the lava up the legs, and reflected on the underside metallics of the Dreadknight such as the arms, groin, Grey Knight pilot etc. I think that looked pretty good. The lava was also coated with some Ard Coat to make it shiny after spraying the whole model matte. I was a bit worried the Ard Coat might have gone bad, because it looked a bit cloudy for a while, but seemed to go more clear over time. Admittedly the Ard Coat is pretty old - not even sure if GW still makes it in the current line.

I added some variation in the model by mixing LeadBelcher and Black together to make different shades of darker metals, and then painted some of the under components in the darker color, such as the hydraulics. Then added some edging with Mithril Silver.

Some battle damage was added to the painted panels on the model, as if it had been scratched and scraped during battle. I wasn't so sure about how to add damage to the metallics, so I sponged on some darker metallic colors to roughen up the metal plates on the Dreadknight.

Overall I'm pretty happy with how it came out, and I might have to drag out my Dreadknight to make some "improvements" now. Next up, working on the Strike Squads and Commanders.

No comments:

Post a Comment