• Thunder-head [3]

Finished the Thunderhead over the weekend. I chipped the armor using some torn sponge dipped in Rhinox Brown for the white armor panels, or Necron Abyss for the Blue panels. I then painted on Leadbelcher over the chipped patches, and added some Mithril for the newer scratches. A fine line of Lotharn Blue was painted along some of the blue chips to give the chips some depth.

The OSL glow was sprayed with Light Turquoise, then given a light wash in the recesses with Asurmen Blue. The high points were painted with Lotharn Blue, then Skull White at the highest part.

I finished off the base with a drybrush of Bleached Bone on the ground over a Rhinox Brown basecoat. The rocks were painted in greys and highlighted in various shades until a final drybrushed highlight of Astronomicon Grey.

Some dry grass clumps were glued to the base to create some interest. Finally the outside ring of the base was painted with Black.

I really enjoyed this model, but I'll need to take a break for painting electrical coils for a while. This model has so many, that it pretty much broke me by the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment