• Leman Russ 2 [1]

I'm working on another Leman Russ tank so I can field a Spearhead unit. I really couldn't stand not working on anything - I'm like a model soldier addict. And there's no way i'm not working on anything for 3-4 months if it takes that long to sell the house, and get into something new.

I'm really enjoying building this Leman Russ, as its the newer retooled kit and it's a helluva lot easier to assemble. The tread assembly practically builds itself now, and I didn't have to do any cutting and fitting to get the tread pieces to fit on this one. It was also quite nice to have all the pieces this time, including the side sponsons which were missing from my first Leman Russ.

I'm also trying out the Tamiya weathering kit for the first time. The kit has sand, wet sand, and mud. I was initially a bit timid with it, but you can really go for it and achieve some impressive weathering effects. I think I will go back and get the other one with rust and soot next.

You might notice I've also got the Imperial Pilot from the Assault on Black Reach box set in the photo. He was initially painted up in Reds and Greens for the Blood Angels, but I never really liked the paint job, so I've repainted him to match up with my Cadian Imperial Guards. I'm liking him a lot better now. Might have to look at getting a Valkyrie next so he's got something to fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment