• Citadel Washes

Last few nights I've been painting the remaining guns and left arms from my Tau Fire Warriors. I've only got another 2 or 3 left to do now, and they'll be totally finished. I bought one of the new washes today from GW - Devlan Mud. Rumored to be the most useful wash in the line, I'm happy to report as a tool for weathering, it's fantastic. I can add shading, or dirt effects instantly to my Fire Warriors and it looks great. Also it doesn't dry glossy like Black Ink washes would do, so it's nice and understated.  I'm really happy with it, and I'll definitely pick up some of the other washes and give them a try. The only thing I have noticed though, is it seems to take a lot longer than usual to dry, so you don't want to put too much on at once if your in a hurry.

There's a painting challenge on at GW tomorrow, so I might trip down there at lunchtime and see if I can get into it. It has a new 40k 5th Edition rulebook as the prize, and who wouldn't want that? You just have to finish one unit in a sitting using the washes to speed up results. If they all behave as good as Devlan Mud, then it should be pretty easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment