• Some LOTR Odds'n'Ends

Here's a couple of things I've squeezed in when I've had time lately. The Palantir from Isengard on its pedestal, Galadriel's mirror, and an invisible Frodo Baggins wearing the ring. They're all things that didn't take very long to finish - the mirror probably took the longest because of detailing the foliage on the pedestal. Invisible Frodo was a doddle as it was mostly just detailing the base. The Palantir looks awesome, and I built up a few hilights on the pedestal to make it not just black, but more like the highly polished obsidian. I finished it, and then realised the Palantir itself just begged to have the Eye visible, so I carefully painted it on then glazed it slightly so it's not too in-your-face. Pretty happy with how they all came out. Might finish some more scenery - I still have a ton from the Mines of Moria set to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment