• Hordes of Middle Earth Update

Here's the long promised update on my painting progress. Not so much lately - the missus gets upset with me spending my free time in the garage painting, so I have to wait till she's asleep now. Also I scored a nice set of artist drawers for my drawings, paintings, and figures. She was getting tired of the constant explosion of art materials all over my desk. Anyway, here's the figures - Farmer Maggot and dogs are pretty close to finished, Ghan Buri Ghan is done and just needs his base finished. Mouth of Sauron is coming along pretty quickly - I also have the horse riding version of him too. Sharkey is finished, and just needs to have a suitable base done. Gollum crawling down the rock is almost done, except for the rock and a base. Legolas and Gimli on horse is finally making some progress, and the horse is finally coming out right. I've had problems with this for the longest time because the gray shades I had were more like a blue gray, rather than gray and it looked stupid. The new paint job is much better. Beeb's space marines and tanks are coming along. The figures shown are almost done, and he's trying to get them done for next week because he's doing a presentation in class about his hobby. We'd like to have a tank done, but I think we might be pushing it - it's a big job with lots of little pieces to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment