• Major Marcus Brisbane [1]

I saw this miniature and thought it would be fun to paint - cool armor, weapons and pose, and different to paint a non-Caucasian character for a change. Honestly I've always wondered why GW can't produce some variant heads so you could have different ethnicities in your forces. For instance, why are all the Imperial Guard white? Sure I could paint them in different skin tones, but there should at least be some variation in features too. I liked that Major Brisbane has broad features and is quite different from the usual sculpts you get.

I made a slight mistake in assembly in that I assembled the exhausts on the backup upside-down, but honestly I don't think it matters - still looks great!

I've kept to the default Cygnar paint scheme, and used a base of Necron Abyss, then Enchanted Blue, then Enchanted Blue mixed with Ice Blue, to build up the highlights, with a final highlight of Ice Blue on the edging.

The metals were painted in Dwarven Brass, washed with Devlan Mud, then highlighted with Shining Gold.

The pouches and straps were painted in Rhinox Brown, then Drab Tan, then highlighted with XV-88.

I'm finishing the model up with some weathering at the moment. I've added some wear to the armor panels, some chipping, rust etc. Should be finished soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment